Sunday, November 30, 2008

Run Off....

Well Tuesday it’s back to the polls for Georgia voters. The vote shouldn’t be too hard for anyone our two senate candidates are about as different as night and day. Chambliss (incumbent) is a typical Republican and Martin the typical democrat with all that comes with it. For me, the choice is clear mainly because I don’t like one party dominating the Senate. I have one major problem with Chambliss though, he voted yes to the bailout. I mean come on, really? Clearly he was voting for himself and not what the citizens of the state of Georgia truly wanted. We were polled over and over again and overwhelming most Georgia citizens was against the bailout. 11 of our 13 Congressmen voted no as they respected our desires so why didn’t Chambliss? So there’s my one thing that makes me question him. Though on paper he’s the one I agree with politically more then the other… just like the presidential candidates neither is a perfect choice for me but I have to go with one or the other so Chambliss it is. I feel confident that he’ll win as well. The truth of the matter is more people came out in the state of Georgia to vote then any other election and McCain won our state. A lot of the people that came out to vote for Obama won’t show up and they're the same people that came out to vote for Martin. I could be wrong but I just don’t see it happening.

Whatever you do though if you live in the state of Georgia… don’t forget to vote! It’s your responsibility as an American Citizen. My husband as a resident doesn’t have the privilege to vote and he yearns for the day he’ll be able to walk to the polls and have an opinion that counts. So get out and vote friends!

No comments: